Craving some superhero action? Your best bet is on Disney Plus, the home of Marvel content. Here you’ll find the majority of MCU films, a selection of TV shows and some animated goodies as well.
Not got a Disney Plus account yet? Head on over to the website to sign-up. Subscriptions cost either £7.99 for a monthly rolling account or £79.90 for 12 months.
Once you’re done here, remember to check out our similar guides for the Star Wars franchise and the Pixar line-up.
MCU movies on Disney+
For the best viewing experience, we’ve put these movies in the timeline order that they occur, so if you’re starting from the beginning you can work your way through chronologically. Of course, there are a few gaps where some movies that aren’t available on Disney+ should be, you can find out what they are below.
- Captain America: The First Avenger
- Captain Marvel
- Iron Man
- Iron Man 2
- The Avengers
- Iron Man 3
- Thor: The Dark World
- Captain American: The Winter Soldier
- Guardians Of The Galaxy
- Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2
- Avengers: Age Of Ultron
- Captain America: Civil War
- Doctor Strange
- Black Panther
- Thor Ragnarok
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Ant-Man & The Wasp
- Avengers: Endgame
- Black Widow
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Other Marvel movies on Disney+
To make things all the more confusing, there are other movies that are now owned by Disney that don’t take place in the same ‘universe’ as the Marvel movies above – such as the X-Men franchise. This will change for future movies, but for now, these fit into a separate list.
- X-Men: The Last Stand
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine
- X-Men: Days Of Future Past
- X-Men: Apocalypse
- The Wolverine (2013)
- X-Men: Dark Phoenix
- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
- Deadpool 2
Marvel TV shows on Disney+
If live-action TV is more your thing, there are nine main shows to check out on Disney Plus, all of which take part in the same universe as the MCU films. Those from WandaVision onwards are made by Marvel Studios and have stronger links to the films including some of their biggest stars.
Marvel animated series and specials on Disney+
From the old classics of the eighties to the present day, there are hours and hours worth of animated Marvel content to explore.
- What If…?
- Marvel Comics The Incredible Hulk
- Hulk: The Agents of S.M.A.S.H
- Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell
- Iron Man and Hulk: Heroes United
- Fantastic Four
- Avengers Assemble
- Future Avengers
- The Superhero Squad Show
- The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes
- Marvel Rising: Chasing Ghosts
- Iron Man (1994)
- Iron Man and Captain America: Heroes United
- Super Hero Adventures: Frost Fight!
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Silver Surfer
- Marvel Comics X-Men
- Marvel’s Spider-Man
- Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends
- Ultimate Spider-Man
- Spider-Man Unlimited
- Spider-Man (1981)
- Spider-Man (1994)
Marvel shorts on Disney+
For some bite-sized content – where episodes are around five minutes long – it’s worth checking out the animated shorts that are on offer.
- Avengers: Secret Wars shorts
- Guardians of the Galaxy shorts
- Rising Initiation
- Ant-Man shorts
- Ultimate Comics
- Super Hero Adventures
- Rocket & Groot
- Spider-Man shorts
- All Hail the King
We’re not done yet! Get behind the scenes of the Marvel world with all the documentaries that are available.
- Marvel’s Hero Project
- Marvel’s Expanding the Universe
- Marvel’s Assembling a Universe
- Marvel 75 Years: From Pulp to Pop!
- Marvel’s 616
- Marvel Studios: Legends
- Marvel Studios ASSEMBLED
- A Fan’s Guide to Ms. Marvel
What Marvel content is missing?
Despite the array of titles above, there’s still a selection of things missing. Most notably,
the Spider-Man films and the Netflix Marvel series. Unfortunately, you’ll have to look into other streaming subscriptions and digital downloads to watch these.
It is worth noting that the Spider-Man films will eventually come to Disney+, but there is still a wait for this.
- Spider-Man: No Way Home
- Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Spider-Man: Far From Home
- The Incredible Hulk
- Cloak and Dagger
- X-Men: First Class
- The New Mutants
- Spider-Man 2
- Spider-Man 3
- The Amazing Spider-Man
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
What Marvel content is on the way?
We may see some of the above eventually make their way to Disney+ – but besides that, there are also some more huge live-action shows on the way:
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (22 June 2022)
- I Am Groot (10 August 2022)
- She-Hulk (17 August 2022)
- Thor: Love and Thunder (cinema release 8 July 2022 )
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (cinema release 11 November 2022)
- The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (Holiday 2022)
- Secret Invasion (2022)
- The Marvels (cinema release 17 February 2023)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (cinema release 5 May 2023)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (cinema release 28 July 2023)
- Loki season 2
- Armor Wars
- Fantastic Four
- X-Men ’97
- Spider-Man: Freshman Year
- Agatha: House of Harkness
- Marvel Zombies